SWEET ALMOND OIL FOR SKIN
Almonds are the perfect nutritional snack. Each one is full of healthy fiber, fats, minerals, and vitamins! When eating this delicious food, almonds help reduce blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels, and bring down cholesterol levels. But, what happens when you place almond oil on your skin? Follow along in our third “What to Know Carrier Oil Series” and learn all about sweet almond oil for skin!
WHAT IS SWEET ALMOND OIL
This carrier oil is chemically composed of tocopherols, fatty acids, and phytosterols. Tocopherols contain vitamin E which is an important ingredient for skin benefits. Furthermore, phytosterols are found in plant cell membranes and help fight high cholesterol. Sweet almond oil is also composed of omega-9, otherwise known as oleic acid. Read below to find out how this natural product is produced.
HOW IT’S MADE
This oil is extracted from sweet almonds which are produced from a tree called Prunus dulcis, var. amygdalus. Once the sweet almonds are harvested from this tree, they are then cleaned from impurities and stripped of shells. The cleaned almond is then cold or warm pressed to extract the given oil. Once the oil is obtained, it is left for a few days to let the properties settle together and then it’s ready to use!
Here are the various benefits of this carrier oil:
- Full of vitamin E to help repair sun damage.
- Source of magnesium, phosphorus, copper.
- Anti-inflammatory and boosts immunity.
- Soothes minor cuts or wounds.
- Helps improve complexion and tone.
Here are a few drawbacks when it comes to using sweet almond oil for skin:
- Sweet almond oil is mostly non-comedogenic, but those with sensitive or acne-prone skin should be careful when applying it directly to the face.
- People with nut allergies cannot use sweet almond oil.
WAYS WE USE IT
Here are a few ways we like to use sweet almond oil! Click on a recipe below to try it out:
Let us know how you like to use sweet almond oil!