Need something to do with all those broken and “useless” crayons laying around the house? Gather them up and create your own do-it-yourself scented crayons with fun summer fragrances like mango and smores! This is a super easy craft you can do with your kiddos that will leave them busy after the crayons are ready to use on paper. All you need is an oven, broken crayons, silicone molds, and toothpicks. Choose a few of your favorite color combinations and create your own mango madness, strawberry shades, or honeydew hues. Follow along in the video above or the full step-by-step instructions below to learn how to make DIY crayons that smell like summer.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Access to an Oven
- Old Broken Crayons *can be new
- Silicone Molds
- Oven-Safe Tray
- Toothpicks *or fork
- P&J Mango Fragrance
- P&J Smores Fragrance
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Gather up all your old or new crayons.
- Remove any remaining labels left on the crayons.
- Add broken crayons to the silicone molds; can place similar colors together.
- Place the silicone molds on an oven-safe tray.
- Place the tray with the molds in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crayons are fully melted.
- Remove from the oven once melted.
- Add 15 drops of intended P&J Trading Fragrance Oil to each mold.
- Swirl the colors together using a toothpick or fork until blended.
- Let it completely harden (can place in the freezer to speed process).
- Carefully remove and cut into smaller pieces for little hands.
- Use on paper & enjoy!
Let us know in the comments below how you liked this craft. If you want to view more kids crafts, check out our Homemade Scented Playdough Recipe!