Store-bought deodorant does more harm than good for a couple of reasons. Sometimes, deodorant from the store can irritate the skin causing redness or bumps. This is typically from alcohols, artificial fragrances, or parabens. Luckily, our P&J fragrances are paraben-free and are premium grade! Which means each of our fragrances are perfectly safe for homemade deodorant. Thus, we decided to make our own deodorant to promote a better and safer skin application.
Natural deodorants are safer because of the ingredients included. It also promotes a healthy amount of sweat and helps stop odor naturally. Follow along in the video above of the instructions below to learn how to make your own homemade deodorant scented with Fresh Cotton.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Measuring Cup
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Mango Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Beeswax
- 10 Drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Arrowroot Powder
- 30 Drops of P&J Fresh Cotton
- Deodorant Containers
- Grab a microwave-safe measuring cup and pour 2 tbsp. of coconut oil.
- Now add 2 tbsp of mango butter and 2 tbsp of beeswax.
- Melt in the microwave for 30 second increments.
- Add 10 drops of Vitamin E Oil and 1 tbsp of Arrowroot powder.
- Add 30 drops of P&J Fresh Cotton.
- Stir together until completely combined.
- Pour into deodorant containers.
- Let completely harden for up to 24 hours.
*best stored in the refrigerator or cooler area
*this is best used when layered with other scents
*your body will also need time to adjust to the more natural deodorant