HOMEMADE CANDY CANE BATH BOMB
Candy cane wishes and mistletoe kisses! We want to wish everyone, from our P&J family to yours, a very Merry Christmas! There is nothing sweeter than a candy cane on Christmas day, whether that is in your hot cocoa or fizzing in your bathtub as a bath bomb.
Wait what? That’s right, today we want to share with you how to make the perfect candy cane scented DIY bath bomb! Finish off your Christmas fun with an easy DIY craft that you and your kiddos can make. Plus, after you are done, it is the perfect excuse for a relaxing and stress-relieving bath. We know the typical Christmas chaos that can consume your time. Thus, follow along below to learn how to develop a beautiful candy cane bath bomb.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Citric Acid
- 1/2 Cup Epsom Salt
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sweet Almond Oil or Carrier Oil of your choice
- 3/4 Tablespoon Water
- 20-25 Drops Fragrance Oil *P&J Candy Cane Fragrance Oil
- Bath Bomb Molds
- Red Dye
- White Dye
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients, you can add your desired color dye at this time.
- In a separate bowl, mix together wet ingredients.
- Then, VERY slowly, add wet ingredients to dry while mixing. *this is so not to activate the citric acid, which makes the fizzing effect
- Mix until combined, until the consistency is like wet sand and can stick together when formed.
- Use your desired bath bomb mold (try using a household item such as ice cube trays or cookie cutters for unique shapes).
- Place the white mold into one side of the bath bomb molds.
- Slowly add red dye into the remaining bath bomb mix.
- Place the red mold into the other side of the bath bomb molds.
- Let the molds sit for 1 minute, then gently remove the mold.
- Let the bath bombs dry for 24 hours. Store in a moisture-free container; use and enjoy after your Christmas celebrations!
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
We’d love to know what you think of this homemade bath bomb and our festive candy cane scented fragrance oil in the comments below!