With summer on its way, it’s the perfect time to grab a new book, soak in the rays, and read away. Thus, we decided to share with you the perfect addition to any new book: DIY Bookmarks! These simple bookmarks will last forever and can be scented with your favorite P&J Fragrance Oil. We chose Almond for a more natural scent with our summer books.
These DIY bookmarks also work great as gifts, maybe even for Father’s Day! Simply follow along in the video above or read the step-by-step instructions below.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Medium Bowl
- Castile Soap
- Leather or Linen
- 5 Drops of P&J Almond Fragrance
- Choice of Ribbon
- Grab a medium bowl and fill with warm water.
- Add a small amount of castile soap and mix together.
- Wash the leather for at least three minutes, gently moving it back and forth.
- Rinse the leather in clean water.
- *if you are using other material, skip to step six
- Let the leather completely dry overnight.
- Then, cut it into the shape you want for your new book.
- Add 5 drops of P&J Almond or other fragrance.
- Let sit and dry overnight
- Once dried, cut a hole in the top of the leather.
- Tie your ribbon through the hole.
- Enjoy or Gift Away!
Happy Reading and Happy Father’s Day!